There's a reason Beyoncé is known as the Queen. From dropping an entire album with no pre-warning in 2014, complete with accompanying film clips, to just being a general boss, Bey has today given us all another reason to #bowdown with the surprise release of her new song Formation ahead of her performance at the Super Bowl tonight.
The song is Mrs Carter at her anthemic, girl power best, and is already on repeat here in the Bazaar office. In addition to us talking about how much we love the song, and just how adorable Blue Ivy's cameo is, we also can't get over the killer outfits in which she appears during the clip. Filmed on location in New Orleans, there's a heavy dose of Victoriana-inspired, gothic glamour interspersed with urban, street-style chic, courtesy of the catwalks. Here are five of our favourites:
1. Fendi is to thank for the fur on the single's cover shot.
2. Australian brand Zimmermann provided the Victorian-inspired top (part of their S/S16 Master and Mischeif collection) for the below scene.
3. We're a tad obsessed with this Marni Senofonte bodysuit and those milkmaid braids...
4. Custom squad ensembles courtesy of Gucci.
5. Dylanex were responsible for this next-level necklace.
Other noteable mentions include a Gucci S/S16 top and skirt paraded on top of a sinking police car and an Alessandra Rich white lace dress (which also appeared in our January cover shoot with Sama and Haya Khadra) for her turn as a Southern Belle (both below).
Photo stills courtesy of Formation/Youtube
With Sunday starting off this well, it looks set to be a bey-utiful week ahead. - Maddison Glendinning