If you're going to take occasion dressing advice from anyone, take it from Sandra Mansour. The Lebanese designer not only trained under couture legend Elie Saab but is also internationally known and celebrated for her modern, youthful take on classic after-hours styles. With an eye for detail, "it's all about the little things that make each piece stand out," and a love for playful silhouettes, "adding oversized sleeves to a mini dress is always fun," the in-demand designer has nailed the perfect fashion formula for an unforgettable party look.
Revealing her personal dress-up essentials, "a cocktail dress paired with subtle earrings, a colourful clutch and cropped leather jacket" as she launches a capsule collection for Moda Operandi's new evening edit, Bazaar takes note of her sartorial advice for every social occasion...
From paper, to perfection, a beaded dress from Sandra's eveningwear edit
Sandra's Top 10 Rules For Styling A Party Look:
1. Choose comfort as well as fashion, find something that fits you to a T
2. Be an individual, if you know you can pull of something most people can't - flaunt it!
3. Wear your confidence in an outfit that makes you feel fearless
4. Play up your femininity in a silhouette or colour that compliments your style
5. When in doubt, play it elegant and understated
6. Earrings make all the difference, invest in a standout pair
7. Find a balance of something you can dance in, but also make a statement
8. Never match your clutch to your dress. Look for a colour-blocking or patterned alternative
9. A leather jacket looks good with anything
10. Soft make-up and windswept hair keep the look more party, less prom
Shop the entire Moda Operandi Evening Edit here