Founded over a decade ago by London-based Nazim Alim, Aab has grown from her passion project, created in an effort to find premium conservative clothing, to an internationally acclaimed global retailer. An impressive feat considering the designer built her customer base slowly and efficiently over the first few years by producing bespoke collections with hand-picked, quality fabrics in-line with her ethical values.
Fast forward ten years and the growing design house has now partnered with department store Debenhams, bringing Aab's signature modern, modest wears to the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain. Promising light fabrics to sustain your style in the heat, with a luxurious finish that ensures the collection blends seamlessly into your current conservative staples, Alim, who is now the company's creative director ensures each collection matches the modern modest criteria.“We started Aab almost a decade ago as a label that not only redefined modest fashion, but also one that catered for everyday modern wardrobe staples that were thoughtfully designed with the highest quality,” she notes. “We couldn’t be happier to continue our journey through our partnership with Debenhams, which has led us into the Middle East, where a large proportion of our customers originate from.”
Nazim shares her top tips for making the most out of your modest wardrobe:
1. Invest in Kimonos, they are great for covering up over a casual look but can also lift your entire look
2. It’s not just about being fashionable, selecting key style staples like a slip dress and coordinating trousers mean you can mix and match your wardrobe
3. Light layers look great in hotter climates, pair a shirt dress with trousers during the day or wear a slip underneath and keep use your shirt dress as an open coat
4. If you're mixing or layering colours, opt for a neutral colour palette so the look blends seamlessly
5. Whether you wear a Hijab or not, a chiffon silk scarf adds an effortless touch of glamour, layer the look by draping one around your shoulders and around your neck as well
Aab is now available in three Debenhams stores across the UAE, including The City Centre Mirdif and Mall of the Emirates in Dubai and Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi.