CHOCOLATE COCONUT & BANANA CHIA PUDDING
Prep time: 5 minutes + refrigeration
1 cup coconut yoghurt (Greek yoghurt or milk optional)
¼ cup coconut milk
cup chia seeds
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
¼ cup honey or date syrup
½ tsp Himalayan salt
2 large bananas, thinly sliced
Raw cacao nibs for sprinkling
1. In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, coconut milk and chia seeds.
2. Then add the cacao, honey or syrup and salt, and mix until everything is well combined.
3. Place in the fridge for at least two hours (up to overnight if necessary).
4. Remove from the fridge, mix vigorously and top with bananas and cocoa nibs. Wonderful!
ROASTED SPICED CHICKPEA & SAGE CRISPS
Prep & roast time: 45 minutes
Makes about 3 cups
2 cans of chickpeas, well rinsed and patted dry
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp paprika powder
½ tsp dried sage
1. First, preheat the oven to 200c. Whilst waiting for it to heat up, drain the chickpeas, rinse and pat dry.
2. Place the chickpeas on a baking tray and toss them with olive oil until they are well coated.
3. Add the salt, paprika and sage and toss them around again until combined.
4. Place the tray in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden. Make sure to take the tray out of the oven every 10 minutes or so to shake the tray for even roasting.
5. Once roasted, take out of the oven, sprinkle with some more salt and eat hot. Enjoy!
AVOCADO & KALE SMOOTHIE BOWL
Prep time: 10 minutes
6 kale stalks
1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
3 tbsp honey or date syrup
cup almond milk
2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
1 tbsp bee pollen
1 cup mixed berries
1. Peel the avocados and then put in a blender, along with the kale, and blend until smooth.
2. Add the spirulina, honey and almond milk and blend until well combined.
3. Pour the smoothie in a bowl, and top with the cacao nibs, bee pollen and mixed berries. Refrigerate if necessary, then enjoy.