Discussing Dubai as a springboard for their careers, Arwa Al Banawi and Andraya Farrag of Bedouin open up to Rosemin Manji about their trials and triumphs as local designers and share their entreprenurial insights with Bazaar.
5 things we learned about the designers:
1. Arwa's first runway show ever was with Fashion Forward, she was also featured in the official Snapchat round-up of Season 9 on the global Snapchat cover story
2. Andraya has produced every aspect of her collections in Dubai since day one
3. The name 'Bedouin' came from Andraya's vision to celebrate tradition and make it suitable for the modern day woman
4. Arwa originally began her career as an investment banker before being inspired by women in DIFC to start her own line
5. Bedouin has also taken part in London Fashion Week and Andraya is a Central Saint Martins graduate
Our Facebook Live was filmed at the Fairmont, Palm Jumeirah. For more information about the hotel click here
The video is filmed using a Samsung Galaxy S8.