Certain parts of your beauty routine are seasonless. Here at Bazaar a fabulous flutter is the treatment that keeps on giving. But with all the different lengths, shapes and textures, it can be daunting to choose a pair that’s just right. We’ve enlisted the help of NStyle Beauty Lounge’s lash expert, who tells us how to choose the right extensions to flatter your face shape.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are designed to add more thickness, fullness and length to your natural lashes; they are an alternative for mascara, which saves ladies spending time doing their makeup. The application for our Misencil eyelash extensions means we apply the extensions to each individual natural lash, unlike strip lash or cluster lashes.
Do they pull out your natural lashes?
No. The false lashes are lightweight – so much so that a lot of ladies tend not to feel them – and have a life span of 60-90 days.
How long does the application process take?
The process of applying a full set of eyelash extensions takes between 2-2.5 hours. Each each eye has roughly 150-200 lashes, so it is an intricate process, which requires attention to detail.
Top tips for maintaining the lashes for as long as possible?
1. Once the treatment has been completed, avoid getting water on them and exposing them to humidity for at least 12 hours. This will allow the adhesive to really bond to your natural lashes.
2. If you use mascara on your lashes, avoid using a water-based formula. The main ingredient should be bee wax, carnauba wax and mineral wax.
3. Try and also avoid using oil-based products such as make-up remover with oily ingredients.
4. Be careful when removing make-up around the eye area. Try and use a gel, cream or milk type of make-up remover. We recommend Misencil Face & Eye Makeup Remover, which is available at any NStyle branch for just Dhs143.
5. Always clean your lashes with eyelash shampoo, which can also be purchased at NStyle.
Misencil Face & Eye Makeup Remover, Dhs143
How do you know what thickness, size of curl and length to use?
This is an individual process that changes for each client. We always listen to our clients, taking their priorities, needs and desires into account. All customers are invited for a consultation before the treatment, where they can sit down with our eyelash expert and explain what kind of look she is after.
Which style of lash extensions do you recommend for which eye shape?
An almond-shaped eye is the most versatile, as it suits most styles of lash extensions, up-turned eye shapes will suit a cat eye and if you have hooded or mono-lid type of eye shape, we tend to work with the curliest lashes.
What is the difference between the types of lashes?
At NStyle we have two types of the lashes, natural (one by one lash extension application) and Russian volume. With natural application, the method of application is using an adhesive to individually stick the eyelashes on one-by-one. Russian lashes, which are our most popular, is an advanced technique which allows more than one eyelash extension on a single natural lash. This creates a lot more volume and a full effect.
Prices start from?
Our Misencil eyelash extension prices range from Dhs395 to Dhs695.
Find NStyle Beauty Lounge in Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, DIFC, Dubai Mall, Mirdiff City Centre, Arabian Ranches, Dubai Marina Mall and JBR in Dubai; Matajer Al Juraina in Sharjah; Deerfields Mall, Global Market Square, Al Zeina – Raha Beach, Galleria Mall and The Mall - World Trade Centre in Abu Dhabi; Al Aali Shopping Centre in Bahrain and Amman, Jordan.