1. Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
You’d be hard pressed to find a prettier backdrop to your honeymoon than Bali. Admire it from on high at one of the Sanctuary Cliff Edge Villas at Banyan Tree Ungasan, where you can enjoy incredible views of the white-sand beaches and azure waves from your very own infinity pool, day-bed or jet pool. There’s no escaping this view: you can even see it from your king-size bed, since your bedroom features floor-to-ceiling windows.
2. Castello Del Nero, Italy
Make sure you’re treated like a princess on your honeymoon by spending it at a real-life castle. Dating back to the 12th century, the Tuscan chateau features original frescoes and vaulted ceilings, with modern updates sure to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Your fairy-tale suite is spacious to say the least – with a private terrace and separate living area – and has the chicest décor and most luxurious finishing touches (Egyptian linen, goose-down duvets and cashmere blankets).
3. &Beyond Mnemba Island, Tanzania
It’s well known that the simple things in life are often the best, which is why it is no surprise that &Beyond’s rustic beach huts on Mnemba Island are consistently popular with honeymooners. Crafted from a combination of wood and palm leaves, these authentic ‘bandas’ feature a spacious bedroom and bathroom, plus a shaded outdoor sitting and dining area that opens out on to the beach. What’s more, total seclusion is a guaranteed with just 10 properties on the entire island.
4. Vamizi Island, Mozambique Spend your entire honeymoon barefoot on your own private island at Vamizi Island, part of the archipelago known as “the new Maldives” off the coast of Mozambique. Wander from your outdoor shower into your spacious villa, where your personal butler, private chef and driver will be on call to do your bidding. It has been a popular destination for honeymooners for over a decade: the fine-tuned honeymoon package also includes a sunset champagne cruise, candlelit beach dinner and couple's massage.
5. Belmond La Samanna, St Martin
Caribbean Belmond La Samanna’s honeymoon suite is peerless in the Caribbean; the luxurious Baie Royale suite not only boasts a king-sized be, oversize marble bathroom with soaking tub and rainfall shower, separate living area and spacious private terrace with views of the beach (naturally), but also a full kitchen, a private rooftop solarium, three separate balconies, a covered alfresco dining area and a plunge pool. What more could you want?
6. One&Only La Palmilla, Mexico
With its expansive outdoor private terrace featuring a wrap-around infinity-edge pool and Jacuzzi, not to mention day-beds, chaise longues and tables and chairs for alfresco dining, we don’t see any reason why you’d ever need to leave your suite at the One&Only Palmilla; ideal really, considering it’s your honeymoon.