His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the UAE, has led the country through some incredible transformations. The royal, affectionately known as “Sheikh Mo”, has written books and poetry in order to share his wisdom with the world.
Here are some of our favourite inspirational Sheikh Mohammed quotes of all time.
1. “It is easy to rule through fear, but it takes a rare leader to rule through love.”
2. “I do not impose my opinions on my children, but give them the freedom of choice, this is how my father raised me.”
3. “My mother, may her soul rest in peace, shaped my personality; thanks to her, I have acquired many values, good traits and skills.”
4. “He who enjoys his work adds five days to his week.”
5. “Do not underestimate your thoughts, because your energy, determination, success, and even health, are directly related to positive thoughts.”
6. “I constantly persuade all to embrace the spirit of persistence in facing challenges, as well as faither in fulfilling the hardest missions.”
7. “What makes us proud of our nation is not the height of our buildings, the breadth of our streets, or the magnitude of our shopping malls, but rather the openness and tolerance of our nation. Our pride stems from the fact that we are a country where everyone thrives equally regardless of their differences[…]”
8. "I learn from the youngest and am still at the beginning of the road with no arrogance."
9. “We are building a new reality for our people, a new future for our children, and a new model of development.”
10. “The race for excellence has no finish line.”
11. “I once read an article in a foreign newspaper saying: luck smiles back at Dubai. I respond: when they want to diminish your achievements, they attribute them to luck!”
12. “I don’t like to see someone who does not have a hobby, sport or passion in life. Idleness is not only an attitude towards work; it starts with the mind.”
13. “We, in the UAE, have no such word as “impossible”; it does not exist in our lexicon. Such a word is used by the lazy and the weak, who fear challenges and progress. When one doubts his potential and capabilities as well as his confidence, he will lose the compass that leads him to success and excellence, thus failing to achieve his goal. I require you, youth, to insist on number one.”