Ever wondered how much prep goes into creating a 24-page fashion portfolio? Answering everything our readers wanted to know about the Bazaar 10th anniversary issue, Louise Nichol and Katie Trotter take you through the issue from concept to execution. Watch the full discussion below:
Video shot using a Samsung Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge
5 Things You Never Knew About Our March Cover:
1. The original vision was to have as many Arab models as possible on the cover before the team agreed on three key women - Shanina Shaik, Hind Sahli and Hanaa Ben Abdesslem.
2. Make-up artist Cathyanne Mac Allister, who is Pat McGrath's right-hand woman, used different products and techniques on each model to create a similar bone structure and unified aesthetic.
3. The entire 24-page portfolio was shot over the course of two days, Shanina flew over from Vegas, Hanaa from London and Hind was already on holiday in Morrocco at the time.
4. Dealing with customs was one of the main logistical issues the team had to overcome to ensure they had enough outfits delivered to the shoot.
5. Around two-thirds of the portfolio was shot within the Royal Mansour hotel and its grounds, whilst the remaining images were taken on location around Marrakech.
The March issue of Harper's Bazaar Arabia is available now