1. The Set: Chanel has become synonymous with runway sets of grandeur, and we've come to expect the unexpected. This season was less theatrical than last season's but no less stunning. Karl Lagerfeld clearly got in touch with his outdoorsy side, as this season's backdrop was a towering cliff with several waterfalls and lots of greenery. The models entered and exited the boardwalk runway from caves cut into the cliff.
2. The Clothes: Don't go chasing waterfalls without some Chanel gear. Although this collection was not necessarily made for nature walks, or cliff-climbing—every look was punctuated with gear for the occasion—plastic boots and plastic hats, and some dresses and tweed suits were covered in protective rain ponchos.
3. The Models: Kaia Gerber continued her reign as the 16-year-old queen of Spring 2018, opening the show in a cute mini skirt and coordinating crop top. Victoria Secret Pink ambassador and model-on-the-rise Grace Elizabeth closed the show in a silver evening look.
4. The Beauty: Sam McKnight created ponytails wrapped in perspex, and Tom Pecheux painted an '80s-inspired beauty look with dramatic blue eyeshadow and red lips.
5. The Front Row: Naturally, Gerber's supermodel mom Cindy Crawford was front and center of the Chanel show—along with famed photographer Patrick Demarchelier and many of Chanel's favourite ambassadors like Vanessa Paradis, Caroline de Maigret, and Marie-Ange Casta.