From loose silhouettes to hydrating wonder creams, Lubna Al Zakwani, co-founder of womenswear label Endemage details her styling tips and tricks during the Holy Month...
1. During the day I would wear loose, light weight Kaftan or a comfy tee shirt and jeans, usually with a thin abaya or cape thrown over. I try to stick to natural fabrics, like cottons linens or very thin fabrics that won't get too hot.
2. Make-up is usually kept to a minimum during the day, I like to focus on a thorough skin regime to keep my skin moisturized and hydrated. I start off with pure rose water a good moisturizer and as for SPF, I use Kiehl's and maybe a BB cream or a light press powder from Bobbi Brown.
3. It's very important to keep your skin hydrated, this is why I take extra care during Ramadan by going for facials or skin treatments, usually at Biolite Aesthetic clinic more just to make sure my face is getting the nutrients it needs.
4. The same goes for my hair, other than regularly taking vitamins I also try to increase the number of times I go for a hair treatment during Ramadan. I like both Kerestase Fusio Dose and Olaplex treatments at Sisters Beauty Salon in The Village mall, they keep my hair shiny and healthy.
5. If I don't have time to style my hair, (or I'm not in the mood to), I'll head to Beauty Connection salon for a quick blow-dry.
6. In the evenings, I have a totally different wardrobe. Every night I seem to be at a new gathering so I'll opt for a printed or colorful kaftan with heavier embroidery. Loose cuts and festive colours are usually part of the dress code.
Endemage's Eid Collection
7. I keep my jewellery is usually more traditional than usual, opting for heavy silver and gold jewelry head pieces and anklets. You can never be overdressed at an Iftar gathering, I have several pieces that I only bring out to wear during the Holy Month.
8. While some women prefer to have their henna re-done several times throughout the month, I like to have mine done just before Eid.
9. The look wouldn't be complete without perfumes and Bukhour, I usually stick to Oud sticks that I get from Ajmal and mix them with sweeter scents. My latest obsession is Rouge 540 by Baccarat.
10. Since it's a very colorful month I like wearing my Gina sandals with a kaftan as it adds just the right amount of bling to my outfit; or I go with my YSL tribute heels - they're so comfy I can wear them 'till the sun comes up.
See the collection in full at www.endemage.com