Spiced Cinnamon Muffins
Prep & bake time: 30 minutes
- 120g softened butter
- 120g brown sugar
- 60ml nut oil
- 3 eggs
- 500g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp pepper
- large pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 240g yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp almond powder
- 3-4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 170c and line a muffin tray with parchment or muffin paper.
2. In a bowl, using a hand whisk, whisk the butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Add the nut oil and eggs and combine well.Then sift the flour with the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
4. Next, gently fold in the flour and the yogurt, alternating both until you have combined the batter, but be careful to not over mix.
5. In a small bowl mix the almond powder with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Scoop the batter into the muffin form and top with the almond sugar mix.
7. Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Scrumptious!
Photography: Ausra Osipaviciute. Styling: Taya Shalaby. Dalia wears: dress, Dhs12,950, Johanna Ortiz at Ounass. Shot at El Chiringuito Dubai