Coconut, berry & pistachio crumble cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
100g shelled pistachios
A handful of dates
½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
500g coconut yoghurt
60g honey (or more)
200g strawberries (or berries of your choice)
Pinch of sea salt
- In a spice grinder or blender, blend the pistachios, dates, cinnamon and salt until crumbly.
- In a small bowl mix the coconut yoghurt with honey, then start assembling the cups.
- Add the chopped berries in between layers of coconut yoghurt.
- Sprinkle pistachio date crumble on top for the final layer, and serve immediately.
Cocoa & banana pancakes
Prep & cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 12-14 pancakes
2 tbsp white vinegar
60g light brown sugar
60g dark cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
60ml melted butter
3 bananas, thinly sliced
Salted butter and honey, to serve
- In a bowl, combine the milk and the vinegarand let it stand for a few minutes while you combine all the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and combine gently.
- Add the beaten eggs and melted butter, and mix using a hand whisk until everything is mixed together (do not over mix).
- In a frying pan, melt a little butter over medium heat. Pour a ladleful of pancake batter into the pan, top with a few banana slices, and once the bubbles start forming flip the pancake onto the opposite side. Fry each pancake for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with butter and a drizzle of honey. Delish!
Apricot, almond & flaxseed smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
300ml almond milk
1 frozen banana
200ml cold water
2 tsp milled flaxseeds
30g sesame seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond milk according to your desired consistency.
To work off an indulgent summer, I’m back in the gym and hitting it hard at F45 Training. It’s tough but worth it. To make it easier on myself, I’m also ordering Kibsons’ raw boxes for my morning juices because they deliver ingredients direct to my door. Six Senses Zighy Bay’s new Alchemy Bar is my third wellness ingredient, because you can now mix your own herbal aromatherapy potion tailored to your own specific needs. Time to bottle the goodness.