Dalia Dogmoch Soubra
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER& SPINACH PASTA
Prep & cook time: 45 minutes
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300g baby spinach
- 200ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 500g pasta (penne or similar)
- 100g grated parmesan
- 50g butter
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Dalia Dogmoch Soubra's Roasted Cauliflower and Spinach Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 180c. In a baking tray place the cauliflower and spinach, toss with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drain the remaining olive oil. Keep it aside.
- Cook your pasta in boiling salt water as instructed on the pack.
- Once it is cooked, drain but retain about half a cup or so of cooking water.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil from the oven and add some more. Once the oil is slightly hot, add the garlic and chilli.
- Sauté for just a minute or so before adding the pasta, cauliflower and spinach.
- Toss in the pan, add the cooking water, parmesan and butter, and a little lemon juice. Combine everything well. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
From the February 2018 issue of Harper's Bazaar Arabia
Photography: Ausra Osipaviciute. Styling: Taya Shalaby. Dalia wears: top, Dhs4,350, Johanna Ortiz and jeans, Dhs750, Rag & Bone, both at Ounass. With thanks to El Chiringuito Dubai.