CHERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE PAVlOVA
Prep & bake time: 2 hours
- 4 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 100g white chocolate
- 300ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 500g cherries, de-stemmed, de-seeded and cut in half (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 140c. Then use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gradually add the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and beat until glossy and firm.
2. Line a tray with a non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper and spoon the egg white meringue on to the baking sheet forming a circle.
3. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door slightly open for another 40 minutes.
4. Once the meringue is ready, melt the white chocolate over a double boiler.
5. Using an electric or stand mixer, whip the cream with the icing sugar.
6. Place your meringue on a plate or cake tray, then add whipping cream and white chocolate on top, keeping in mind to leave a slight border so it does not overflow.
7. Add the cherries and then dust with a little icing sugar. Serve immediately to enjoy the pavlova at its best.