The supermodel turned businesswoman Karlie Kloss relies on one particular homemade smoothie recipe to help curb her sugar cravings – something we can all easily recreate at home. The only only drawback? It costs around Dhs607.
The 24-year-old revealed her New Year's resolution to be "super-disciplined about trying to cut down on sugar," in a recent interview. "I've been trying to satisfy my sweet tooth in a more healthy, wholesome way," she said.
This homemade superfood smoothie is one such addition to her new diet, but once all the ingredients are purchased in bulk, it'll set you back a fair amount.
"I'm like a mad scientist in the morning, scooping out a teaspoon of this, a half teaspoon of that," she says. "I feel like drinking coffee first thing in the morning is very acidic."
Karlie Kloss' Morning Smoothie
1 serving of Moon Juice Deep Chocolate Protein
1 tbsp almond butter
3 heaped tbsp Moon Juice Tocotrienols
1 tsp Moon Juice Cordyceps
1/4 tsp Moon Juice Pearl
1 tbsp Moon Juice Brain Dust
So let's break that down:
1. Almond Milk shouldn't be hard to find in your local supermarket and, while we're guessing Kloss might opt for a luxe organic brand, a basic version can set you back just about Dhs8.
2. Essentially, her Deep Chocolate Protein is just that – protein powder, and a very fancy one at that, which promises to deliver "potent doses of cacao and maca to enliven the body, heart and mind". This costs about Dhs129.
3. The almond butter is an easier find in your local supermarket, and can cost anything from about Dhs14 to Dhs90 depending on how organic/high quality you like your nutty butter.
4. Tocotrienols is another special from the American-brand Moon Juice (that Gwyneth Paltrow also advocates), which costs about Dhs66 and harnesses "tissue regenerating, inflammation taming, immunity, muscle boosting and toxin removing powers".
5. Costing about Dhs129, Moon Juice's Cordyceps sounds like a miracle-working ingredient which "increases cellular oxygen absorption, boosting the immune system".
6. The Moon Juice Pearl costs about Dhs180 and delivers amino acids and minerals, while helping bone and cell renewal, which also gives skin an extra added glow.
7. Finally, Moon Juice's Brain Dust is available to buy in the UK for Dhs115 and enhances mental agility.
So yes, that all adds up to around Dhs607 (before shipping from the US), but that lot will last you a while – and if you end up looking as healthy and strong as Karlie Kloss, then it'll be worth every penny.
Via Harper’s Bazaar UK