Starting today, you can now share multiple photos and videos in one post on Instagram. Combining up to 10 images and videos in one gallery, the app now allows you to upload a mini album onto the platform in one go and let your followers swipe through. Not only will this now allow fashion bloggers to upload more than one angle or detail of their outfit without over-populating their feed, it can also be used to create step-by-step beauty tutorials, extensive travel snaps or even just collate all your InstaStories into one, permanent post.
Surprise! Swipe left on the post above to see more. Starting today, you can share up to 10 photos and videos in one post on Instagram. With this update, you no longer have to choose the single best photo or video from an experience you want to remember. When uploading to your feed, you’ll see a new icon to select multiple photos and videos. It’s easy to control exactly how your post will look. You can tap and hold to change the order, apply a filter to everything at once or edit one by one. These posts have a single caption and are square-only for now. On a profile grid, you’ll notice the first photo or video of a post has a little icon, which means there’s more to see. And in feed, you’ll see blue dots at the bottom of these posts to let you know you can swipe to see more. You can like and comment on them just like a regular post. This update is available as part of Instagram version 10.9 for iOS in the Apple App Store and for Android on Google Play. To learn more, check out help.instagram.com.
Since the posting of former Lucky Magazine Editor-in-chief Eva Chen to Head of Fashion Partnerships at Instagram, the social platform has rolled out an extensive list of new features and assets that have had a major impact on how the sartorial world approach retail and brand positioning, with newer features including InstaStories and Instagram Live allowing brands to give a wider range of consumers direct access to their stock.
With much of the fashion and beauty world now making their important announcements via the app including collaborations, new job postings and breaking news, we can't wait to see what creative content the industry comes up with.
How It Works:
- Tap the upload button as you normally would and select the new icon to upload multiple photos and videos
- Edit your post as little or as much as you want - filter everything at once or edit individual photos and videos
- Tap and hold to change the order or remove a photo or video from your selection
- Captions and location tags apply to the entire post, as well as likes and comments
- You can also tag friends in individual photos and videos
- When you see a post like this in feed, you'll notice blue dots at the bottom, swipe back and forth to view the entire post.
- To upload an Instagram Story to your profile using this new feature, simply save your photos and videos from Instagram Stories to your camera roll – and upload to your profile using the new icon - voila!