"Do they suit me?" — We hasten a guess is the most overused phrase while browsing for face furniture. Well, fellow shopper, wonder no more...
Having worked with former Bazaar fashion director and stylist Sally Matthews to provide training to their dedicated personal style teams, UAE-based specialist Rivoli Eyezone has launched a face-meets-frames styling service, offering its own unique way to shop.
A bespoke initiative, highlighted this month as an array of new collections land across the country, clients can spend time with a dedicated designer eyewear specialist for a one-to-one appointment to find the most suitable shape to suite the outline of their face.
Rivoli Eyezone, Festival City, Dubai
Specific styles from Rivoli's portfolio of leading brands include Diesel, DSquared2, Emilio Pucci, Ermenegildo Zegna, Web, and Swarovski, to name a few, and the service goes a little like so:
Most faces will fall into one of five shape categories…
• Heart/triangle shaped faces are recognised by broad foreheads, wider cheek bone, and narrow chin and soft jaw line. The best frames for this face shape are rimless, cat-eye, and butterfly shapes.
• Square/rectangle shaped faces are recognised by their wide cheek bones, angular jaw line, a square forehead. The best frames for this face shape are round, oval, cat-eye shapes and aviator styles.
• Round shaped faces are recognised by their soft, gentle and circular shape. The width and length are the same with little or no angles. The best frames for this face shape are angular frames with a rectangle or geometric shapes.
• Oval shaped faces are recognised by balanced proportions and gently curved jawline. The chin is generally narrower than the forehead and cheekbones are typically high. The most versatile of face shapes, most frame shapes work on oval faces as long as they are in proportion to the size of the face.
• Diamond shaped faces are recognised by their broad forehead, wide cheek bone, and narrow chin and soft jaw line. The best frames for this face shape are oval, square, and rimless shapes.
Simply spend a few minutes discussing your options before your personal shopper appears with an edit of ideal styles, before you select your final choice, confidently safe in the knowledge that yes, they're suitable.
Visit any Rivoli Eyezone store to trial the service, free of charge with each purchase.