Mother of two and founder of child-focused e-boutique Elli Junior, Elli Kasbi understands that any parents’ first priority is to protect their children.
She explains, “Keeping them safe always comes first and is even more important now, during the COVID-19 crisis. As an uncertain and testing time for all of us, the focus should be on making sure the kids feel extra safe and loved, helping to calm any anxieties they may have while spending the majority of time indoors.”
With the pressure of home-schooling while working from home, below Elli shares her top tips for keeping the little ones entertained and her stress levels low…
1. Get involved in family games! We love Monopoly Junior (when we have time for a long game on the weekends) and UNO (for quick family interactions) which we bought from MumzWorld.ae
2. Keep the kids active. There are lots of no-cost activity ideas at Kidzapp, a free app created by a dad based in Dubai. They have a huge amount of creative, thought-provoking and entertaining activities for the children to enjoy – check out their ‘fun at home’ section.
3. Purchase some educational toys. We have lots of educational toys at Elli Junior – the one we use the most at home is the magnet plate, it’s fun and educational for children aged one to three.
4. Stay fit. We try to stay active with family zumba and fitness sessions. There are lots of options on YouTube, plus Les Mills Middle East offers an online program called Born To Move, targeted at small children.
5. Find some recipes and bake! We Google easy baking recipes and try to get creative in the kitchen almost every day.
Visit Elli Junior for high quality sustainable baby accessories, wooden toys, personalized gifts, and décor and interiors from Europe.
Lead image: Elli with her daughters, Nicole, 9 and Nellie, 5