LENTIL & CUMIN SOUP
Prep & cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 200g brown lentils
- 1 litre or more hot water/vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with lemon wedges
1. In a large pot, sauté the onions until translucent, add the garlic if you choose to use it, cumin and cook for
a minute before adding the lentils.
2. Add the hot vegetable stock and simmer until the lentils are tender, for about 30 minutes or more.
3. With a hand blender, purée the soup until smooth and keep it warm. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the soup in a bowl with lemon wedges and crispy Arabic bread.
From the March 2018 issue of Harper's Bazaar Arabia