As the world adjusts to the quarantine measures introduced in the UAE, we now have more time at home and many of us are experiencing a mix of emotions. As strange as it is to give up our regular socialising, cancelling important events and missing out on those planned holidays, there is a new sense of calm descending on the city. We are being inspired to slow down our life, spend more time with our families or more time on our own.
For those of us who indulge in the pleasures of brow and lash treatments, we are left with the challenging decision of letting ourselves go au naturel or trying to preserve them for as long as we can.
“Avoid oil-based products and hot steamy showers and we always have a no mascara policy. Self-isolation gives us the perfect opportunity to take some extra care of ourselves,” Miko Su said.
Can’t make it to your regular lash artist for your three-weekly refill? Twiink Studio shares their tips, tricks and insight with Bazaar.
● Please don’t pull at your lashes, it is still better to let them fall out naturally than to damage your natural lashes by pulling at them.
● Having a handful of lashes is still better than none and you will be able to keep the illusion of fuller lashes that can last as long as 6 to 8 weeks.
● We recommend avoiding oil-based creams and brushing your lashes daily.
● Keep your lashes clean, shampoo your lashes daily; you can do this with water or a foam or water-based lash shampoo.
● If you are finding that your lashes are looking less full you can fill in the gaps by applying some water based mascara to the ends of the lashes but try and avoid the area of the glue.
● At the very end when you feel that the last of the lashes really must go, we suggest that you try a face steam to loosen the glue followed by applying a layer of coconut oil to loosen the bond, but please don’t pull.
● If you can get your hands on a lash serum, now is the time to give your lashes some TLC. The more natural lashes you have the more your lash artist has to work with. At Twiink Studio we recommend Revitalash Advanced Lash Conditioner. It is great for strengthening your natural lashes and enhancing growth.
● Our last insider tip: be prepared! Book in now for an appointment upon salon openings to avoid the waitlist.
Twiink Studio is located in Al Muneera, Al Raha Beach, Abu Dhabi. To find out more and to book an appointment call +971 58 589 4465. Keep up to date with the latest Twiink Studio news on Instagram and Facebook @twiinkstudio.
Lead image courtesy of Valentino SS19